Website PlanIT Geo
Mapping the world's urban forests for a greener future
PlanIT Geo provides consulting services and enterprise GIS software for urban trees, parks, tree care, and related green infrastructure asset management. We are a small company based outside of Denver with employees around the country and partners and customers worldwide. We are seeking a Business and Office Admin to join our team. The ideal candidate will be versatile, a self-starter, and assist with a
range of clerical, administrative, and business functions to help us run a tight ship while having fun. This position is based at our main office in Arvada, Colorado. Some remote work is available.
Depending on the candidate, the position may require full-time hours at the start but could be fulfilled with 3-4 days per week after sufficient training and time. If that were to occur, salary and benefits would be prorated accordingly. Alternatively, depending on the candidate, the position may take on additional analysis and reporting responsibilities together with the CFO.
Primary Responsibilities of the Position:
– Human Resources & Payroll: work with our 401k and health insurance administrators for required paperwork, input payroll into ADP bi-weekly, assist with employee onboarding and offboarding, post new job announcements, track employee contact info.
– Accounting & Business Functions: lead invoicing and Accounts Receivable (including followups), Accounts Payable, make bank deposits, credit card and bank account reconciliation, record journal entries, and track/report on financials in collaboration with our fractional CFO.
– Miscellaneous: plan/coordinate company events, update employee handbook, manage Verizon phone plan, research tasks, submit city and state business licenses/registration as required.
– Around the Office: answer calls / check messages, make coffee, ensure the break room is clean, report building/office issues to the property management company, assist with mail & shipments, and copy/scan files. Routine cleaning is done by the property management company.
– Office Supplies: monitor and purchase paper, ink, computer/technology needs, and other general supplies; manage expenses in Quickbooks Online.
– Proposals: print and ship contract proposals; potentially contribute to other RFP preparation tasks.
– Travel Planning: book travel for staff upon request; track expenses/reimbursement forms.
Desired Skills and Experience:
– 5+ years of experience or college degree in human resources (HR), finance, business administration, accounting, or management
– Competence in accounting, payroll, and human resources
– Proficient in MS Office (Word, Excel, etc.) and Google Suite (docs, sheets, Gmail/calendar, etc.)
– Experience with QuickBooks Online
– Interest in the environment, sustainability, or urban planning a plus
To apply for this job email your details to firstname.lastname@example.org