- Two scholarships to full-time students
- One $1500 undergraduate
- One $1500 graduate
- Two scholarships to part-time students
- One $500 undergraduate
- One $500 graduate
Undergraduate scholarships are awarded to students who demonstrate excellence in the application of geospatial tools, and are intended to support student learning and experience with geospatial technologies and tools. Graduate awards are designed to support application of GIS knowledge and expertise to independent and original research.
All winners will also receive a one year membership to GISCO. Scholarship recipients who present their project at GIS in the Rockies (as a poster or presentation), will have their conference registration fee paid by GISCO.
DEADLINE IS 11:59PM MDT, MAY 20, 2017
GIS Colorado scholarships support education and research for undergraduate and graduate students enrolled in accredited 2-year or 4-year Colorado colleges or universities. GIS Colorado awards scholarships to students exhibiting academic excellence in the geospatial technologies fields: Geographic Information Systems (GIS), Remote Sensing, Global Positioning Systems (GPS), or related disciplines.
Students must be attending an accredited 2-year or 4-year college/university, or graduate school, located in Colorado, either as a resident or as an online student.
Projects submitted must be independent work – no group projects will be accepted.
- A completed online application using the application tab above. Please have all of your documents ready to upload in one session.
- Transcripts indicating current grade point average (GPA). Unofficial copies are acceptable. PDF format only.
- A map illustrating a topic of your choice in PDF format. Remember that a map is a communication tool - informative, analytical, and persuasive - and can be a work of art.
- An essay describing your project
- Undergraduates, in 250 or less typed words, describe your project, and explain how GISCO scholarship will further your education and expertise in GIS. PDF format.
- Graduates, in 500 or less typed words. Briefly explain your research and how GIS tools or technologies apply. Please explain how funds will further your research or professional goals. PDF format.
- One letter of recommendation from a professor/teacher, and one resume.
- Two letters of recommendation
- File size limited to 10MB
- Missing items will result in an incomplete application.
- Incomplete or late applications will not be considered.
- All items (listed above), needed to complete an application, must be received by 11:59PM MDT, MAY 20, 2017.
- All uploaded files must have file names containing the student’s last name and be in PDF format.
* Incomplete or late applications will not be considered. All items needed to complete an application must be received by the due date 11:59PM MDT, MAY 20, 2017. Please have all documents ready to submit in one session. Missing items will result in an incomplete application.