We’re working to build high-performance government across the United States – and we need the right people to help us make it happen. We’re looking for a confident, personable, and self-starting individual to join us on our mission to make government operations more effective, more efficient, and more productive for its citizens. We are looking for someone with a strong background in utilities, specifically water, sewer and storm water.
The Sales Engineer is a leader in the Sales Division and will be involved in a variety of mission-critical assignments. The Sales Engineer will have responsibilities that range from strategic to tactical, requiring interaction with all levels of the organization, from staff to the leadership team, and with key areas within Cartegraph – Sales, Marketing and Products.
Our software empowers local government organizations to capture valuable infrastructure data, analyze it, and prepare for the future.
What you’ll do
• Travel with the regional sales teams to assist in showing clients the value and the vision for productive government.
• Have a passion for changing the way local government does business.
• Collaborate with regional sales teams to understand customer requirements and provide sales support.
• Strategize with regional sales teams to prepare an effective demonstration of Cartegraph software to customers and potential clients as a solution to their business problems.
• Participate as core member of account team in the execution of the sales process.
• Proactively craft and propose solutions that clarify how Cartegraph brings business value to address critical challenges faced by customers.
• Provide configuration guidance and share best practices with customers.
• Work directly with internal staff and departments to continue to develop, challenge, and innovate on behalf of our current and potential customers.
• Consult with customers regarding the best practices for asset management, work process improvements, and long-range planning, to ensure their success.
• Provide technical demonstrations and training at various events (trade shows, user groups, conferences, etc.).
• Work with Products, Marketing, and Services divisions to provide customer feedback, assist with messaging, and experience customer usage of Cartegraph software.
• Assist in RFI/RFP responses, serving as a technical resource to answer questions.
• Assist marketing with webinars, white papers, articles, and other content for the Cartegraph website.
• Collaborate with Relationship Managers and Sales Solutions Consultants to fully understand customer pain points/objectives in order to provide technical support.
• Recommend technical solutions and improved workflow patterns that show increased efficiency and production.
• Understand business (customers) workflows (industry knowledge) and leverage how other customers are solving problems.
• Ability to discuss not only what the technical components are of the software but why the components were designed the way they were.
• Provide consultation in best practices and preferred work methodology within the framework of Cartegraph offerings.
Ability to travel 50% or more of the time.
Office Location -
Dubuque, IA headquarters or remote based within decent distance to major airport.
Who you are
• You have a four-year degree, OR high school diploma/equivalent and at least 7 years of previous industry experience required.
• You have specific experience in government utilities, specifically in water, sewer and storm water.
• You have a strong utility GIS experience.
• You like to travel. A lot.
• You have a thorough understanding of the government purchasing process is also preferred.
• You have a verifiable experience in going above and beyond targets set for you.
• You have energy, integrity and a personable demeanor.
• Your ability to understand and communicate complex business needs and propose corresponding technology-based solutions is impressive.
• You have stellar customer service skills, including the ability to progressively probe, analyze, identify root causes of problems, provide practical solutions, and negotiate resolutions.
• You're self-confident, self-directed and self-motivated.
• You demonstrate those qualities through collaboration and inspire others.
• You can identify and develop strategic relationships.
• You have a strong work ethic with outstanding time management skills.
• You give a stellar presentation and can demonstrate technology solutions to groups and individuals at all levels.
• Your communication skills are top notch.
• You have demonstrated proficiency with automated office tools including Salesforce, PowerPoint, Word, and Excel, as well as web
• You have the ability to act as a trade show/sales seminar leader.
• You have a passport.
Cartegraph provides equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability, sexual orientation or genetics.
We tried to narrow down to just 5 reasons to work here, but it was impossible.
• Opportunities to apply your skills and experiences with an established industry leader
• Collaborative work environment
• Co-workers with a passion for what they do
• Casual and flexible work environment
• Competitive pay and benefits
• 15 days of PTO in just your first year (whoa)
• Paid parental leave
• One week sabbatical every five years
• Paid holidays (plus a couple extra days)
• 401k plan with generous employer match
• Social events, coffee and snacks, foosball and more...
To Apply: www.cartegraph.com/careers